Definitions of basic terms¶
Terms that appear in the general EESTEC context and can help understand context and use-cases behind the code in eestec.portal package.
- Member of EESTEC International
- A member of EESTEC is always an association.
- LC (Local Committee)
- An association the General Assembly of EESTEC has accepted as a full member. Must organize international events and has a vote in the General Assembly. They can freely apply for all events.
- JLC (Junior Local Committee)
- In this membership level the association must be registered. They have an obligation to try to hold an international event within two years or they will be demoted. They do not have a vote in General Assembly. Promotion to this status is handled by the General Assembly. They can freely apply for all events.
- In this membership level the association must be organized. They should register within two years or they are automatically demoted. They do not have a vote in the general assembly. They are promoted to this status by the international Board. They can freely apply for all events.
- Observer Candidate
- Any interested party can apply for this status from the international Board. They can apply for events with the acceptal of VC-EA.
- An LC that is organizing an event.
- CP (Contact Person)
- The person in an LC which handles communcation between local level and international level.
- VC-IA (Vice Chairperson for Internal Affairs)
- The person in the international Board who is responsible for staying bidirectionally in touch with EESTEC member organizations (ie. LCs)
- VC-EA (Vice Chairperson for External Affairs)
- The person in the international Board who is responsible for staying in contact with partner organizations and expansion of EESTEC.
- International Board
- The board to run practical level tasks. Elected by GA in every Congress. The term of the board is from Congress to Congress.
- Local Board
- The board of a member organization (ie. an LC).
- An event held by a member organization (ie. an LC) into which people from other member organizations can apply.
- Event Application Deadline
- Deadline until members of member organizations (ie. LCs) can apply for an event.
Terms that appear in more technical contexts and expect the reader to have some development background.
- [Plone Object] EestecMember
- A Plone object representing a single EESTEC member storing his personal information.
- [Plone Object] LC
- A Plone object representing a single local committee. Based on it’s workflow state it is defined whether it is a normal LC, or maybe a JLC or Observer. LC is folderish and contains LC specific information such as news, events, etc.
- [Plone Object] Event
- A Plone object representing a single EESTEC event, whether it is a workshop, exchange, ECM, Congres, etc. It contains all relevant information about an event. Event is folderish contains EventApplications. Events are contained in LCs.
- [Plone Object] EventApplication
- A Plone object representing a single event application by an EESTEC member. It can only be contained within a single Event. EventApplication stores a relation to a member and so provides all necessary data about the participant.